Attendees: Cheryl Camire, Katie Nolan-Denham, Andrea Berry, Elise Miller, Tracy Scully, Stacy Howes, Fran Bodkin, Pam Hartsell, Carol Chase, Irene Guzman-Rothwell, Mary Yeaton
Discussion – The Secretary’s Report for 05/02/05 was reviewed.
Conclusions – A motion was made by Stacy Howes to accept the minutes as written, motion was seconded by Fran Bodkin. All were in favor. The Secretary’s Report for 05/02/05 was accepted.
Discussion – The Treasurer’s Report for 05/02/05 through 06/06/05 was reviewed.
Conclusions – A motion was made by Fran Bodkin to accept the report, motion was seconded by Stacy Howes. All were in favor. The Treasurer’s report for 05/02/05 through 06/06/05 was accepted.
President’s and Vice President’s Report- Cheryl Camire & Katie Denham
Cheryl Camire – PTG President
Thanks for everything this past school year. We have a great team and the transition was very smooth. I am excited about next school year.
The campership was a HUGE SUCCESS this year.
The Talent Show was wonderful.
Teacher Appreciation week was great. Teachers loved it.
The Cherrydale Fundraiser will be running from September 17 through the 29th.
Katie Denham – PTG Vice-President
Nothing to report on this month.
Principal's Report – Kyle Rhoads (Kyle was not in attendance this month but there were items to report on which Tracy passed along.)
Last day of school is a ½ day. In addition, at 10:15 will be the playground dedication ceremony.
A sheet was sent home for school events.
We need parents to help revise the report cards during the summer and feedback for grants for federal monies also.
Thanks again for Teacher Appreciation week.
Teacher Representative – Tracy Scully
I will be buying stuff for the energy carnival. I will get a total to Elise.
Carol Chase – I was very happy with the parent involvement with the little kids on Field day. Lots of help and involvement was there. The middle school field day will be on June 20.
Irene Guzman-Rothwell – Thank you for all you do. Thank you for the Teacher Appreciation week and the Massages. The Spanish Festival will be on June 15 from 12pm until 2:30pm in the Art Room. There will be different tables set up from different countries.
Pamela Hartsell – Thank you for all you do and thank you for the Campership this year. It is important for the kids to go. Thanks for the Massage during Teacher Appreciation week.
All officers will remain the same with the exception of the Fund-Raising Chairperson. Fund-Raising will be co-chaired by Stacy Howes and Fran Bodkin. The following are the officers for a second school year:
Cherylan Camire – President
Katie Nolan-Denham – Vice President
Andrea Berry – Secretary
Elise Miller- Treasurer
Tracy Scully- Teacher Representative
Rosemary Dionne- Volunteer Coordinator
Boxtops/Campbell’s Soup Labels/Tyson Update – Richard & Andrea Berry
With Andrea back to work and Richard in school and working, we need a little help with the counting of the Boxtops and Campbell’s Labels. Stacy told Andrea that the girl scouts could help. We also should send out a reminder notice at the end of school to keep collecting over the summer. Someone mentioned a Popcorn Maker from Campbell’s as we do not get money but points for products out of their book. Andrea will bring the book to the summer board meeting.
Talent Show – Cheryl sent out thank you notes.
Volunteer Updates – Rosemary Dionne – (Rosemary was not in attendance this month.)
Fund-Raising – Stacy Howes – The Ice Cream Social helped a lot for the Campership. 18 kids are going camp this year. 10 kids to the State Camp and 8 to the Sanford/Springvale camp. A chaperone is needed for the bus to take the kids to the State camp. The bus will bring the kids up to the camp on Saturday June 26 and bring them back on Sunday July 2. We are willing to pay for their time. Maybe one of the children’s parents can go or a teacher? Stacy will talk with the School Volunteer Coordinator, Sue Small, about volunteers. It will be a maximum of 5 hours per day. In addition, Stacy and Cami Davis will do the campership again for next year.
Scrapbook meeting will be held in the Library on Wednesday June 8 at 6:30pm. This fund-raiser could be huge and big money for the school. It can be done in the spring and then we need to figure out what we want the money to go to.
We need to plan and know ahead of time what the money for each fund-raiser is going too. Many of the businesses that donate items, money, etc. want to know what it is for. We can do a couple big fund-raisers a year and a few smaller ones, see what has taken a loss, and then try something new.
Katie Nolan-Denham brought up the subject of Insurance for our group. The insurance is based on the date it is started. To get good rates it is better to be an NPO Member. This will be further discussed at the summer board meeting.
Fran Bodkin thanked everyone for making the phone calls to the residents about the Town Meeting and information night. The calls made a huge difference. An ad was placed in the local newspaper(s). All that was done was appreciated by all and everyone showed GREAT SUPPORT for our town and school. Fran also brought up that maybe next year we can get some of the 8th grade girls to help with babysitting. It is a long day for the younger kids and it may be a great idea to have a few girls watching the younger kids. Maybe they can take them out to play or watch a movie or do craft things. It was also brought up that it is a Town Meeting/Function and that the PTG does not want to put that responsibility on ourselves in case something happens. This will be discussed at a later time.
Stacy Howes read a letter from Geoff Titherrington of Bonanza. Bonanza has donated all of the toppings we use for our Ice Cream socials. Geoff would like us to help out, if we can, at a SANFORD MAINERS baseball game. 6-7 volunteers are needed to help run the concession stand. The volunteers would need to be there at 5:45pm and stay until 9:00pm. The early season games are the ones that are needed the most. We can also put up our PTG Banner to show who we are and that we helped. The group discussed it and picked June 27th as the date to go as a group. Stacy will call Geoff and let him know.
Should we involve the Student Council in our meetings? We think it would be a great idea for a Student Council member to attend a meeting each month. Virginia Calvo is the advisor, and someone will talk to her, see if she thinks this is a good idea, and get the students involved in this group.
Each member of the PTG should sign up for a school board meeting each month. A different member of the group can go so we can be more aware of what is going on.
Set Next Agenda
Set Calendar Event Dates
Open House Ideas
Storage Cabinet for PTG Files
The Summer Board meeting will be on August 11 at 6:00pm at Cheryl’s house. It will be a potluck dinner.
The meeting adjourned at 7:55pm.