6:45pm-8:00pm Acton Elementary School Library
Attendees: Rachel Belanger, Cherylan Camire, Tracy Scully, Katie Nolan-Denham, B Andrea Berry, Sue Mrazik, Bonnie Labrie, Lorri Anne Driscoll, Patti Shaw, Mary Yeaton, Holly Mooney, Sandra Knapp, Stacey Howes, Rosemary Dionne, Kyle Rhoads, Robin Kelly.
The eighth meeting of the AES/PTG for the school year 2003-2004 was called to order at 6:45 PM.
Secretary Report: Cherylan Camire
Discussion: The Secretary report for 4/5/04 was reviewed.
Conclusions: Motion was made by Rachel Belanger, to accept the 4/5/04 minutes as written, motion was seconded by Katie Nolan Denham, all were in favor. The secretary report for 4/5/04 was accepted.
1. The week of May 3rd is teacher appreciation week. The PTG is going to recruit volunteers to cover duties. Cheryl passed around a sign up sheet for parents to volunteer during this week.
Treasurer’s Report: Rachel Belanger
Discussion: The Treasurer’s report for the month of April 2004 was reviewed.
Conclusions: Motion was made by Andrea Berry to accept the report, motion was seconded by Sue Mrazik ,all were in favor. The Treasurer’s report for April 2004 was accepted.
Rachel provided explanation for .
Principal Report : Kyle Rhoads
1. Acton Elementary School Day at the Sea Dogs is on June 10th at 6:00PM. -Sea Dog tickets are now on sale! *Tickets can be bought through the principal's or superintendent's office. Adults- $5.00 students- $4.00.
2. Kyle thanked Cheryl for organizing the Teacher Appreciation duty free week. He would like to cover the ed. tech. duties next Thursday to recognize their hard work.
3. Teachers talked about the health program: the program will be used where it fits in to the curriculum; it will not be taught across all the grades as a separate piece of curriculum.
4. Next Tuesday, May 11th and Wednesday, May 12th the book fair will be open in the evening.
5. Spanish festival will be held next Wednesday, May 12th 6:30-8:00.
6. Young Author's Night is Friday, May 21st.
7. Wednesday, May 26th is the spring concert with ice-cream social immediately following.
8. Thursday, May 27th the speech and language teacher will be hosting an information night.
9. Graduation will be held Monday, June 14th at 6:30
Officer Nominations: (Will be voted on at the June meeting) President- Cheryl Camire Vice President- Andrea Berry, Katie Nolan-Denham, and Sandy Knapp Treasurer- Mary Yeaton and Elise Miller Secretary- Katie Nolan-Denham and Andrea Berry Teacher Rep- Tracy Scully Fundraising Chair- Holly Mooney and Elise Miller Volunteer Coordinator- Rosemary Dionne
Teacher Representative: Tracy Scully
Talent Show: Talent Show brought in $464.00 (Tracy was given a round of thanks and a hanging plant)
Energy Carnival: Tracy requested $80.00 to award student prizes Motion was made by Rachel to approve it was seconded by Sandy, all were in favor.