March 3rd, 2012 Meeting Minutes
- February minutes reviewed, and accepted
- February report reviewed and accepted.
- Lori reports that the magic show was a hit and PTG was glad to be of help.
- Susan Ottey reports that we got a letter from MIKINI with donation for the talent show, larger donation than what is asked for the business card ad, and an offer to help with future fundraising projects. There was also 35 mm camera that was “found” among the tv and vcr storage. IT is the PTG however we are not interested and don’t believe we will use it much. Motion made to donate the camera to the yearbook. Motion was seconded and approved! Also there is much difficulty scheduling the talent show around OM, so next year, this needs to be avoided!
Intros and Welcome
Vice President’s Report:
- Ms. Halliday reports that the testing results show progress! Classes have been experiencing hands on science with the AWWA, Acton Wakefield Watershed Association. York co. Jr. Achievement program is a great way to get outsiders into school at no cost to supplement learning. Acton school is looking to align schedule more with Sanford and encourages parents to voice concerns of schedule. Also we are revamping emergency plan with the help of Acton FD, and reminds parents to share concerns and comments at any time.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Tracy Scully says that teachers are still I need of an AV cart. We have equip that can be used we just need the carts to put them on. She also reports that Kristin Galipeau is running the handball tournament for the second year, and is looking for gift certificates for the winners. PTG was asked to help. We would like to see her try and get certificates first and then if it is not accomplished then we will revisit the request.
Volunteer Chair Report:
- Diane said that she has gotten a few parent donations of baked goods but not many. Also awaiting call with information about the money allotted for the Class of 2013.
Parents in Attendance:
Jennifer Dennis: Ms. Dennis brings an idea to the table for a fall fundraiser. The program is called Kidz-Idz. It is a great program set up to help parents keep their kids safe, and in the event of an emergency situation to be prepared with the most up to date info, every year. It sounds like a fabulous fundraiser and is loved by all of those present.
Jennifer Hawkins: Ms. Hawkins has information about Bella pursuing her dream of becoming a marine biologist. She will be attending a course over the summer, that is not only intensive and hands on, but expensive and she would ask the PTG to consider donating to the cost of tuition. The board will think about this and come to a decision.
Mrs. Reeves joins us this month and is thankful to the PTG for helping with the funds for the Hapstead players and Shakespear theatre. She is looking for the PTG to assist with the cost of travel for the Penobscot group in the amount of $179.50. Motion made to pay for the travel costs. Seconded and approved. She also reminds us the Acton Om teams are working hard and that the tournament in wells is coming up, as well as the Legos spring track meet.
Topics for Discussion
Daddy Daughter Dance: Had higher cost than expected, mostly because at this event there is a “carte blanch” It is decided that it would be a better idea next year to set a limit to spend on an event when in the planning process. Also at next meeting the by-laws shall be amended to reflect this decision.
Conferences: Held on March 8th. Pizza to be delivered by Lori W. at 5:00 pm. Other treats to be made by members.
Art Auction: April 5th. Group will talk about baking and goodies at next meeting.
Scholarship: Bob wait. Tracy is setting something up with the high school. The requirements for this scholarship is a letter of interest followed by an interview.
Set Next Agenda
- Bella Hawkins
- Talent show review
- Art auction
- Nominees for board members
- Amend by-laws