Nov 7, 2011 Meeting Minutes
- Oct 2011 minutes reviewed, Diane Belanger motioned to approve, Susan Ottey seconded, approved by all.
- No report – Treasurer unable to attend.
Intros and Welcome
- Lori Williams welcomed Larissa Crockett to the meeting & discussed pie making for the town food pantry. 30 pies will be made, with help of adult & student volunteers. Lori will coordinate students, need about 3 hrs afterschool 14th/15th. Sue Ottey motioned to spend $20 on pie plates for this. Tracy Scully seconded, approved by all.
- Susan Ottey received an email from Mary Waterhouse, wanting to mention the Get Fired Up fundraiser. Sue noted that the birthday assemblies seem to have made good impressions so far. It will be noted at the next one that the new curtains are now hanging in the gym. Talent show is again scheduled on the same day as the OoTM event. Sue noted this will be the last year she is able to arrange the talent show, need to find someone interested in being the lead of this next year. As a side note, Cami Davis will be holding her art auction on March 1.
Vice President’s Report:
- Ms. Halliday reported the Hampstead Players were at the school today. Card making event will be Dec 1, 230-4pm. Stations will be set for different types of cards. Grant money is down this year.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Tracy Scully reported back on the story teller, Alicia Quintano – prices are $350 for the first group, $150 each addt’l goup. 3 groups would be needed. Science Magician is $750 but only k-6. Larissa wondered if a story teller from the Passamaquoddy tribe would be possible. Lori will look into this.
Volunteer Chair Report:
- no report.
- Rachel Driscoll was our teacher winner from Trunk or Treat. It was noted the younger grades could use sleds & winter toys again this year. K-4 Hodgepodge will need to be scheduled. PTG & primary teachers will get together to make a plan. Larissa stated she will ask in her knitting group about donations of mittens & winter hats. Dick Neal was also in attendance and volunteered to help PTG set up an excel worksheet for treasury. Sue will check with Mike Corey about PTG getting a laptop.
Parents in Attendance
Topics for Discussion
- Holiday Hodgepodge – discussed above, PTG & teachers will meet Nov 30 @ 230.
- Campership – overnights are extremely expensive. Only 1 child could be funded. Discussed possibility of PTG helping to make the 6th grade overnight camping trip happen again in lieu of summer camp.
- Conferences – 8th graders & a HS student scheduled to do babysitting.
- Tupperware review – not many orders, sales were a little over $1000. Last years fundraiser Yankee Candle made $4300 for the PTG. Scrapping for Schools will be back this year.
Set Next Agenda
- Holiday Hodgepodge
- Scrapping for schools
- Winter Waltz rescheduling
- Get Fired up review
- P/T Bball game