Oct 3, 2011 Meeting Minutes
- Sept 2011 minutes reviewed, Tracy Scully motioned to approve, Jenny Starbird seconded, approved by all.
- Jenny Starbird wanted to confirm that payment of the Coke bill comes out of the beverage account. Treasurer’s report was motioned to approve by Amanda Cobb, seconded by Mark Noel, approved by all. .
Intros and Welcome
- Lori Williams welcomed everyone to the meeting, reminded those in attendance of the mission of the PTG. Apple fest was discussed, attendance down, due to bad weather and conflict with Harvest Days.
- Susan Ottey unable to attend, no report.
Vice President’s Report:
- Ms. Halliday reported that Coffee & Conversation is on Tuesday mornings, Adult Ed programs are scheduled, Sheri Smith has taken on the Pressing Paws, Star Blocking is going in the classrooms, suggestions for Open House are welcome, Card making will be coming up (poss. week after Thanksgiving) volunteers needed for small groups. Oct 7 is early release & the week after NECAPS is Fire Prevention week.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Tracy is checking into presentations for the year: Science guy & Storyteller, looking to match up for all grades K-8.
Volunteer Chair Report:
- Diane Belanger unable to attend, no report.
- Mark Noel – noted that the math paper students use tear easily when erasing.
Parents in Attendance
Topics for Discussion
- Holiday Hodgepodge – (New name for Holiday Bazaar) – more hands on requested by the teachers. Kwanza – try to have 2 ideas for projects. Send a flyer home to notify parents of the day. Other holidays to include (already have x-mas & Hanukkah, Kwanza) Purchase a dreidel for all students? Check with Mrs Driscoll for other cultures.
- Trunk or Treat – Crabby Bear will provide hotdogs/drinks for sale. Bennetts will donate pumpkins again. Flier to be sent home. Sue will do face painting. Volunteers for bean bag, fishing for ghost pops, pictures, painting pumpkins. Will pickup extra candy the week before the event.
- Brain POP – Tracy noted that when checking the status of this it was stated renewed through 2016 – PTG did not do this, unsure who paid.
- Museum of Science & Volunteers – All Volunteers for the school (classroom or PTG events) will be entered into a drawing for a 4 person 1 yr membership to the MOS in Boston. The cost to PTG is $120. Every time a person volunteers their name goes into the drawing. Mark Noel motioned to pay $120 for this, Helen Gosselin seconded, motion approved by all. Volunteer Incentive Program (V.I.P.)
- Campership - Jeans money is once again going directly into the campership fund. Research for an overnight camp will need to be done.
Set Next Agenda
- Holiday Hodgepodge planning
- Campership update
- Trunk or Treat review
- Tupperware review
- Get Fired Up
- Winter Waltz - Frozen Flick night
- Conferences - Food donations & HS babysitters