May 2, 2011 Meeting Minutes
- April 4, 2011 meeting minutes reviewed, approved by all.
- Treasurer report (see attached), approved by all.
Intros and Welcome
- Lori Williams reminded all present that we should keep the meeting on topic.
- Susan Ottey discussed the DVD of the talent show. Ben Gore is creating the single DVD, cost will be $10, motioned to split the proceeds with Ben as he had to do a lot of editing to match up sound & video. Have a 25th anniversary DVD available for next years show. Motion approved by all.
- Susan also discussed Educator of the Month. It was decided June’s winner will also carry the staff in September. (PTG will keep the staff over the summer)
Vice President’s Report:
- Tricia Halliday reported that she has a new volunteer, Sherry Smith. There are lots of events coming up at the school including field day and the family picnic. Also the “between vacations activies” were a huge success, many thanks to the volunteers that ran these groups.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Tracy Scully discussed Best Writers – PTG usually funds this. There are 24 kids, each get a $10.00 award and one writer will get a $20.00 – most promising writer award. Letters go home to parents in early June, awards given to the kids as a surprise during the last day of school assembly (9am, June 20th) There will be no supply cost this year to produce the Best Writers book – new binding machine to use.
- Shakespeare event – great response from the kids on this.
- PTO of the year is ready to be mailed
- Ron Soucy has volunteered to pick up more folding tables for the PTG. Motion made to spend not more than $80.00 each on 2 tables. Approved by all.
Volunteer Chair Report:
- No report
- Unable to attend
Parents in Attendance
Jennifer Hawkins, Tracy Lizotte
Topics for Discussion
- Teacher Appreciation Week – Soup/Salad Tuesday, Jenny has purchased bowls/silverware. Parents are helping with soups.
- Scrapbook for PTG – this is a good summer project
- Campership – it was voted that this year the jeans money would go toward Julia Smith & Brian Beeler scholarships. Next year will be directed towards original intent of overnight camps.
- Mother/Son event – everything is set for this - posting a note on PTG Facebook page to remind parents. “BYOH” Bring Your Own Hammer!
- Volleyball – event cancelled this year due to low interest. Try again next year.
- Young Author Night - Treats are needed, notes have gone home asking for baking volunteers.
- ByLaws amendment – discussed to add Article 13 “Events”. 1) There shall be at least 2 members present at all PTG events. 2) The school rules, regulations and discipline plan apply at all PTG sponsored events. 3) All monies collected at PTG sponsored events shall be counted and signed off by all members present. Motion made to accept amendment, approved by all.
- Tracy Lizotte donated 3 of her prints for Educator of the Month awards – Thank you Tracy!
- Nominations needed for Officer elections, voting at the June meeting.
Set Next Agenda
- Last day assembly
- Mother/Son review
- Field Day
- Summer meeting
- Officer voting