April 4, 2011 Meeting Minutes
- Mar 07, 2011 meeting minutes reviewed, approved by all.
- Treasurer report (see attached), approved by all. It was noted $320.96 raised in Pennies.
Intros and Welcome
- Lori Williams noted that article 9 of the bylaws state that any parent or teacher can vote on how PTG funds are spent.
- Susan Ottey discussed a stamp for the PTG, with address for $17.00, approved by all. There is another stamp with movable letters that Lori will check into.
- Also noted that at the next meeting we should amend the bylaws to state 2 members should always be present at any PTG event.
Vice President’s Report:
- Susan read notes from Tricia Halliday – looking to do a senior luncheon in April or May.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Tracy Scully brought up an idea for Teacher appreciation week – a planner/calendar for 1.59 each. Lori will check the website for ordering, approved by all.
- Tracy also discussed creating PTG awards for 8th grade graduates. Acorn Award was decided on, 2 students, a $200.00 savings bond for each student. Will cost PTG $200.00 total. Approved by all. Acorn award – 2 students showing the most growth. Additional guidelines for award need to be set up.
Volunteer Chair Report:
- Andrea Berry reported that she will be helping to arrange for snacks for Young Authors night.
- Robin Tucker-Gahm unable to attend.
- Kristin Gallipeau unable to attend –sent message regarding Field day – June 8 – need volunteers for 20 stations and will need help setting up, morning most important.
- Kristi King was in attendance – noted schools binding machine & 40 binding samples – just enough for the “Best Writing” books. Kristi would like other teachers to know how to use this machine and if possible purchase more binding materials. Tracy will look into order info, this could be a teacher budget item.
Parents in Attendance
Jenn Hawkins, Cherylan Camire
Topics for Discussion
- Talent Show review – many remarks on having a great crew, made $1100 at door, $900 at raffles, total profit of $2051.60 expenses were $110. Working with Ben to make DVDs of the talent show – possible 2 disk, this year’s show and “Best of 25 yrs”
- Volleyball – Possible May 6 date, 3pm. Arrangements for other teams such as town, highschool seniors, teacher team.
- Fire Truck – dedication set for April 29th 1:45pm
- Mother/Son event – Lori has spoken with Maplestone is all set. Checking with Lavalle Lumber & Hurd Lumber, Middleton as well for lumber supplies.
- Teacher Appreciation week & Secretaries day - Hanging baskets for central office 4 baskets @ $20.00 apiece. Approved by all to spend $100.00 max on baskets for secretaries. Teacher/Staff appreciation – Monday breakfast cart. Tuesday soup & salad buffet. Wednesday – special “treat” in teacher mailboxes. Thursday planner/calendar. Friday chocolates/baked goods. Notice to go home with all students. Collecting canned goods all week.
- Jenn Hawkins explained her daughter Bella has been accepted into Acadia Academy for Marine Biology. She has a scholarship for this year, but next year will need to pay $2100 for 2 weeks in this program – knows she can get $500 scholarship for next year already, but will possibly be looking for help raising funds. This is a long term program that involves many summer trainings/internships.
- PTO of the Year – Lori and Tracy explained we can apply for 2 categories – Outstanding Family event – trunk or treat or talent show; and Outstanding Effort for overcoming adversity. Group will meet to discuss and write an entry.
Set Next Agenda
- Teacher Appreciation
- PTO of the Year
- Scrapbook/Event binder
- Young Authors Night.