February 7th 2011 Meeting Minutes
- January meeting minutes reviewed and approved by all.
- Jenny Starbird passed out copies of treasurers report. It was reviewed and approved by all.
- Lori welcomed all and reports that she was reminded of what can be accomplished in small groups recently when she and three other school employees met and wrote a grant during an afternoon teacher workshop. Nothing is impossible.
Intros and Welcome
Vice President’s Report:
- Sue Ottey reports that the Parent vs teacher basketball game was very successful. Although numbers of attendees were down it did not deter the players who came for a great time. Lots of participants say it was the best game ever, the most fun ever. Also Sue reports that we are low on educator of the month gift items.
- Ms. Halliday reports that March 11th will be changed to a student day and not a TWD. NECAP scores for literacy were over 70% that met or exceeded the state average. Math scores improved as well. Also Joan Nass donated a new state and American flags for our school.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Tracy Scully read letters from the 4th graders thanking the PTG for bringing the “Go for the Stars” presenter Gary Pozzato. They loved it and were very thankful and appreciative.
Volunteer Chair Report:
- Nothing at this time.
- Mrs. Reeves joined us this month and wants to remind everyone to keep collecting box tops for education as it helps the Odessy of the Mind teams. She also reports that the OM state tournament is the same day as the talent show but kids will still be able to attend both. Also reminds us that the Day of Dance is coming up and with all of the dancers in the building there needs to be lots of food items. Sue volunteered to bring muffins Lori to make soup.
Parents and guests in Attendance
Way To Go!!!
Topics for Discussion
- Daddy Daughter dance: Stacey said that the printer is working but needs paper, and she bought ink online. Requests a $100.00 check for Ben Gore-dj to be paid at time of dance. Motion to write check for the cost of dj made, 2nd and approved by all. She has volunteers for everything. Tracy and Sue to man the pictures station.
- Talent Show: Sue is sending out business letters for talent show and asks for a check for $10.00 for Jen Goodwin to cover costs of ink for printing the programs. Motion to write check for this made, 2nd and approved by all. The music for the PTG number is done! Need volunteers for 50/50 raffle ticket sales and also to do admissions.
Set Next Agenda
- Talent show
- Fire truck dedication
- Daddy Daughter review
- Pennies for playground
- Mother and Son event
- Volley ball tournament