March 07, 2011 Meeting Minutes
- Feb 07, 2010 meeting minutes reviewed, approved by all.
- Jenny Starbird passed out copies of Treasurer report (see attached), requested review of sub-accounts – sports, bazaar, business savings – funds from these accounts voted to be moved to money market. Campership, beverage and class of 2013 funds to be left in separate sub-accounts, approved by all. It was noted that to date $187.50 in pennies have been rolled – more to do. Treasurer report approved by all.
Intros and Welcome
- Lori Williams had nothing new to report at this time.
- Sue Ottey discussed WGME 13 & Kid corrospondant. Sue brought up a discussion of moving the PTG meeting time to 6pm, voted and approved by all, an Alert Now will be done to notify parents.
Vice President’s Report:
- Tricia Halliday discussed Mrs Gallipeau’s return, Alexis Thorner is subbing in guidance, school board meetings are on-going, still looking for volunteers and Tricia is working on a vision plan (5yr) for the school – input is welcome.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Tracy Scully brought up the idea of a new camera for the PTG – the current one is out of date. Would like to think about starting albums of events and activities that the PTG sponsors.
Volunteer Chair Report:
- Andrea Berry is the interim Volunteer Chair – nothing to report at this time.
- Patti Desmarais attended; she is going to start some seeds for plants to hand out to volunteers at the end of the year.
Parents in Attendance
Topics for Discussion
- Daddy Daughter Dance – Stacey Singleton gave a review of the dance, copy of costs and donations filed, profit of $455.00 (discrepancy of $20.00 in counting was noted)
- Pennies – still more pennies to roll, collecting is done.
- Talent Show – Andrea will ask at Teds for a gift certificate donation. Lori is still gathering names for the awards, voting will be via email. It was voted and approved to pay for a ticket for Bob to attend – reserved spot in the front for him.
- Conferences – Babysitting will be provided; PTG members will make & bring in supper for the teachers.
- Fire Truck – dedication set for April 29th 1:45pm
- Mother/Son event – Lori has spoken with Maplestone – they have models for birdhouses
- Volleyball – Lori will email Nick about the event.
Set Next Agenda
- Mother/son event - update
- Volleyball tourney - update
- Review Talent Show