January 03, 2011 Meeting Minutes
- Dec 06, 2010 meeting minutes reviewed. Sue Ottey motioned to accept, Andrea Berry seconded, motion passed 5 yes 0 no.
- Jenny Starbird passed out copies of Treasurer report (see attached), and noted there were 3 additional deposits received today that needed to be processed. Tracy Scully requested that notes be added when reimbursements are made. Sue Ottey motioned to accept minutes, Tracy Scully seconded, motion passed 5 yes, 0 no.
Intros and Welcome
- Lori Williams reported that sleds for the playground have not been purchased yet, will check area hardware stores for prices, cap of $30 for purchasing sleds. Sue Ottey motioned to spend $30 on sleds, Andrea Berry seconded, approved by all. Tracy Scully and Cheryl Camire stated they would look for sleds at their homes to donate as well.
- Sue Ottey thanked everyone for attending, no other updates at this time.
Vice President’s Report:
- Tricia Halliday unable to attend, no report today.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Tracy Scully noted that Go for the Stars is Jan 27th, PTG will pay $600 (half the usual price) there will be two presentations, K-4 and 5-8, each presentation about an hour, starting around 8:45. A flyer will be sent home, parents are welcome to come in and listen.
- Author Ben Mikaelson will be here Jan 18, all day. His cost is $2200, paid by a grant for the library & funds from the bookfair, costs of his airfare, hotel and meals is being split with Falmouth. Sue Ottey will be transporting him so no car rental is needed. Susan Onion will be making a flyer to send home, books will be available for purchase before and during the authors visit, and autographs will be done. Multiple presentations will be done through the day, for each age group.
- Tracy Scully provided Amanda Cobb with a letter stating the PTG’s insurance coverage. This is filed in the PTG folder.
Volunteer Chair Report:
- Lori Williams told the group that Diane Belanger has resigned from the position. A discussion followed, it was decided to post the position and vote in a new member at the February meeting. For the interim Andrea Berry has volunteered to assist the PTG in this role.
- Carol Wendel unable to attend tonight.
- Norma Pettegrow & Guy LaBranche came in support of the work the PTG does. Sue Ottey asked if they had any suggestions for Teacher Appreciation week – in May – the breakfast cart was brought up.
Parents in Attendance
Andrea Berry, Aavery Mundt, Cherylan Camire, Stacey Singleton
Way To Go Parents!!!
Topics for Discussion
- Daddy Daughter Dance – Stacey Singleton gave a flyer to be approved, no extra volunteers needed at this time. Photo taking for the dance was discussed, it was decided Stacey would take pictures and print with the PTG printer, a photo pack will need to be purchased (best price w/coupon at Staples)
- Fire truck dedication - The fire truck is at the school, put together and has a decal memorializing Brian Beeler on it. Will be placed on the playground this week. Dedication scheduled for April 8th at 1:30, snow/rain date of April 15th. This will be advertised in the local newspapers. Lori will check with Carlene about the payment.
- Future PTG events – Parent/Teacher basketball game – date will be pushed back to January 28th, Cheryl and Nick have volunteered to run this. Lori will check with them. Pennies for Playground – flier needs to be made, pennies will be collected in the library, ice cream social for a prize if goal of $300.00 is reached. Ray Lopez volunteered two 5 gallon buckets to collect the pennies in. Talent Show – old idea of dances scrapped, new idea involving 45 pieces of black poster board approved, Jenny will check around for best prices on the poster board. Culture night has been cancelled – more teacher involvement needed - maybe next year. Tracy Scully & Rachel Driscoll will be putting on an assembly for the rest of the school in April instead. Mother Son building event – Andrea will get contacts for Lowes/Home Depot to see if any donations can be made, Lori will check with Maple Stone to see if they would be able to create kits for making bird houses. Volleyball tournament will continue to be planned. Jenny stated she knows a bluegrass player that would be willing to do a small concert for donations, if there is enough interest.
Set Next Agenda
- Voting for Volunteer Coordinator
- Review Go for the Stars & Ben Mikaelson
- Mother/Son building event - update on acquiring kits
- Goals for PTG