December 06, 2010 Meeting Minutes
- Nov 01, 2010 meeting minutes reviewed. Sue Ottey motioned to accept, Andrea Berry seconded, motion passed 6 yes 0 no.
- Jenny Starbird passed out copies of Treasurer report (see attached), Sue Ottey motioned to accept, Amanda Cobb seconded, motion passed 6 yes, 0 no. Also noted that $45 bank fee from 2 bounced checks for Yankee Candle. Tracy will contact the check writers.
Intros and Welcome
- Lori Williams told the group that the fire truck for the playground should be arriving soon. A dedication ceremony will be planned.
- Lori Williams also said there has been a request for more sleds for the playground.
- Sue Ottey discussed the Daddy Daughter Dance, photos could be taken by Bob, Sue made motion to hire Bob for photos, Tracey seconded, motion passed 6yes, 0 no.
- In review of the Bizarre Holiday, teachers would like to make it more “center” based next year, work with the teachers curriculum and possible projects to make. Collaboration with teachers can be done closer to the event next year.
- Principal’s Report:
- Tricia Halliday discussed card making event – it will be Wednesday after school
- Only one parent attended the internet safety/bullying event held in the evening due to game conflicts.
- Tricia would like to have more events after school involving the kids, clubs such as cooking, foreign language, & hiking. Parent volunteers to run a 6-8 week group would be needed.
- The school is starting the “Acton News Network” where the kids can make news stories for the public access channel.
- Winter concert is Thursday evening; there is a rehearsal at 1:30.
- Friday is sneaker spirit day; student council will lead a walk around the fields at the usual assembly time.
Vice President’s Report:
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Tracy Scully reported dates are set for: Ben Mickelson, Jan 18 & “Go for the Stars” Jan 27. In total PTG will pay around $1500.00
Volunteer Chair Report:
- Diane Belanger gave receipts for the movie night and Christmas photos to Jenny for reimbursement. No other updates.
- Mrs Driscoll was in attendance and discussed the Drama club she is hoping to start up. Volunteers are welcome, it will be more education based, not just memorizing lines for a play, target age is K-3.
- Mrs Dewitt was also in attendance and stated that Family Literacy has gotten expensive so there are other events that may take its place.
Parents in Attendance
Jennifer Hawkins, Andrea Berry
Way To Go Parents!!!
Topics for Discussion
- Daddy Daughter Dance – to be planned in more detail in January. Stacy will provide some help with this.
- Bizarre Holiday - keep planning and expanding for next year, in detail closer to the holiday season.
- Movie night - response to this is “so-so” possible game night next time. Dance seemed to go very well.
- Yankee Candle – sold $7201.00, PTG profit is $2880.40, candles shipping out Friday.
- Job Descriptions – discussed and Sue motioned to accept as are, Jenny seconded, motion approved 6 yes, 0 no.
Set Next Agenda
- Daddy Daughter Dance
- Fire truck dedication
- Ben Mickelson
- Review Jan-June events