September 13, 2010 Meeting Minutes
- Meeting called to order at 6:15 in executive session. Sue Ottey motioned to induct Jenny Starbird as Treasurer of the PTG. Diane Belanger seconded , motion passed 5 yes, 0 no.
- Bylaws of the PTG were amended, see attached copy. Sue Ottey motioned to accept the Bylaws as amended, Tracy Scully seconded, motion passed 6 yes, 0 no.
- Aug 17 2010 meeting minutes reviewed. Diane Belanger motioned to accept, Sue Ottey seconded, motion passed 6 yes, 0 no.
- Lori Williams gave the Treasurer’s report. Deposit of $25 to campership fund, $92.85 to Coke/Beverage fund. $6200 deposited (as noted in 8/17 meeting min.) As of 8/31/2010 total account balance for PTG $18,173.64 Sue Ottey motioned to accept Treasurer report, Diane Belanger seconded, motion passed 6 yes, 0 no.
Intros and Welcome
- Treasurer documents passed to Jenny Starbird.
- Sue Ottey handed out copy of letter to businesses requesting donations/gift cards to PTG. Sue is continuing to look for donations for Teacher of the Month. Tracy Scully reminded everyone to send in nominations for Teacher of the Month.
- Building use forms were passed out and completed for future events.
- Dr. Creisher’s office has offered to provide the PTG with folders, one for each student. Sue Ottey motioned to accept this offer, Diane Belanger seconded, motion passed. Dr. Creisher’s office will also provide toothbrushes & toothpaste for all at the open house.
Vice President’s Report:
- Trish Halliday provided a handout of topics she discussed, including volunteers, conferences, communications, handbooks and a few other things. See attached handout. Trish gave copy of “Home & School Connection” hand out, 9 issues for $198. This is a PDF file that would be copied & distributed to parents. Tabled to next meeting.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Tracy Scully wanted to note that Mark Noel has attended the meeting tonight to show his support to the PTG.
- Andy Brazier attended, with his son, to present the PTG with a photo album that showed the construction process of the Gazebo. The bill for building the gazebo was $361.45 from company: New England Building Materials.
Volunteer Chair Report:
- Volunteer report was postponed until the end of the meeting, Diane Belanger showed the group the “Staff of the Staff” to be presented at the Sept 24th assembly.
- Cami Davis – art room needs a new kiln. Cost is $4195, plus $150 shipping/delivery and additional money for installation. Looking into selling the old kiln, it had electrical “incompatibility” issues to the school. New kiln would not have this problem. Sue Ottey motioned to approve up to $5000 for the purchase of a new kiln for the art room. Tracy Scully seconded, motion passed.
- Jeanee MacDonald-Johnson presented a slideshow about the mission of her music program. Requested funding for 60 high strings and 5 full sets of strings for the guitars, cost of $79.84 from Biddeford Mid-Town music. (They gave a 30% discount) Stacey Howes motioned to pay $79.84 to Mid-Town music for the guitar strings. Sue Ottey seconded, motion passed. Check written.
Parents in Attendance
Carol Long, Stacy Howes, Fran Bodkin, Andy Brazier
Way To Go Parents!!!
Topics for Discussion
- Yankee Candle – waiting on packets
- Insurance – Tracy Scully contacted AIM General Liability is $160 per year, Property coverage $105 per year, Crime coverage $90 per year (up to $10k covered. Tracy will check if additional accident/medical coverage is needed.
- Trunk or Treat – tabled to next meeting
- Open House/Spaghetti Dinner – Dinner 5-6 in café, 6pm in Gym for announcements, over at 7:30. Baked goods are needed; school flyer will go out with this info. Jenny Starbird checking with McDonalds for orange drink.
- Campership – table to next meeting
- Attendance incentives – table to next meeting
- Fire Truck – PTG portion of the fire truck is $1759.48, check written.
- Trish Halliday noted that if you go to Target.com/TCOE and sign up for a Target credit card, that you can specify Acton as your school and 1% of purchases will go to the school.
Set Next Agenda
- Yankee Candle
- Job descriptions
- Jeans Money – review original intent
- Move Campership funds
- Trunk or Treat
- Recap Open house/Spaghetti dinner
- Attendance incentives (punch cards)
- Go for the Stars (Tracy)
- Home and School Connection