August 17, 2010 Meeting Minutes
- June meeting minutes were accepted. As a group the PTG edited and review the Emergency meeting minutes of July 19, 2010; July 20, 2010 ; August 2, 2010 and the “Red Flag” report given to the auditor. After the review each set of meeting minutes and the “Red Flag” report were all accepted, in the edited versions. It was also discussed that there will be a notebook of all meeting minutes kept in the office at school, available to the public. Tracy Scully will provide Amanda Cobb with a Flash drive to update, so there will be a hard copy back up of all meeting minutes. Tracy will load previous years minutes on to this Flash drive.
- Lori Williams gave the Treasurer’s report. The YC FCU bank statement For July (19-31, 2010) was present and Lori read the totals, as follows: (in the future a Treasures report will be produced)
Account Starting Balance Ending Balance
Savings $32.02 $2032.04
Beverage $23.29 $23.29
Bazaar $10.20 $10.20
Campership $24.16 $24.16
Money Mkt Svgs $55.34 $55.34
Class 2013 Schol $200.12 $200.13
Checking $2013.45 $9613.39
- Two bank checks from former Treasurer were deposited into the PTG account this month. Lori deposited another $6200.00 today, a check from the former Treasurer that Lori received at a meeting with the Auditor and former Treasurer on 8/16/2010. Total money returned by the former Treasurer (to date) is $15781.94. Treasurer report was accepted.
Intros and Welcome
- Lori brought the group up to date on the treasury status. A motion was made to turn over all documentation of mismanagement of PTG funds by the former Treasurer to the Sheriff’s office, following recent confession by the former Treasurer to both Ron Smith and Lori Williams. Motion seconded. Vote was approved 5 yes’s. As soon as documentation is returned from Ron Smith, it will be given directly to the Sheriff’s office.
- Sue Ottey proposed nominees for the Treasurer position be brought to the table: Jenny Starbird and Debbie McLeod.
- Tracy Scully will contact both people about the nominations and let them know voting will be at the September 13th meeting.
Vice President’s Report:
- Summer meeting, no report
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Tracy Scully advised the group she was approached by a parent who wondered if PTG members and their friends/family needed to pay for events. The situation was discussed and one idea was that VIP passes be made up for people that have dedicated their time as volunteers on events. Also an idea of “punch cards” for attending meetings/events was discussed, to be discussed further at the September meeting.
Volunteer Chair Report:
- Diane Belanger had nothing to report at this time.
- Sue wanted it noted that she noticed an increase in last year’s volunteers, bakers and attendance to events. Kudos to Diane for her excellent networking skills!
- Summer meeting, no guest
- (Summer meeting)
Parents in Attendance
Way To Go Parents!!!
Topics for Discussion
- Campership – Sue will inform the teachers on the first teacher day of school about the missing campership money. PTG will discuss moving the missing money into the campership fund at the September meeting.
- Insurance – Tracy will get insurance quotes for both crime and regular liability coverage, and bring them to the September meeting.
- Playground – Tracy spoke with Andy, the gazebo has been completed for roughly $300. It has been billed to the school, which will in turn, bill the PTG. It will be noted when the bill is received. The Fire truck is ordered, by the Brian Beeler Memorial Fund. There is no truck yet, or bill. Carlene Doyle is calling and checking on the status of the truck.
- Educator of the Month – Sue is going to look into requesting donations for the year. There was a discussion about a “trophy” for the EM to have for their month. It was decided to create a “Staff with the Staff” (walking stick) for the EM to carry. Diane is going to work on this project.
- Thank you notes - Lori stated she will do these. A note needs to go out to Andy for his work on the gazebo and one to Carlene for her assistance to the PTG. Lori will get a bunch of note cards together, the PTG will sign, and as notes are needed she will write them and let the group know about the message.
- Setting Calendar of Events for 2010-2011: Calendar of Events was set for the year.
- Lori requested reimbursement of $7.78 for fruit for tonight’s meeting. Motion made to write Lori a check for $7.78, approved. Check 101 written and signed by Sue Ottey.
- It was noted that Melissa Belanger has volunteered to be the babysitter for PTG meetings this year.
Set Next Agenda
- New Treasurer – voting
- Trunk or Treat
- Open House/Spaghetti dinner
- Campership – moving money
- Attendance incentives (punch cards)