March 1st 2010 Meeting Minutes
- February minutes approved
- To be reviewed online. Also posting past reports on website. Has received $20.00 from OM groups for reimbursement of registration.
Intros and Welcome
- Fran reminds the group that all information from this group is public. Checking with Cheryl to see if all minutes are posted and site is updated...
Vice President’s Report:
- Covered in topic for discussion.
- Not present. See attached sheet for her report.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Sue reports that the upcoming Warrant and finance meeting will be held at the town hall not the school. Discusses about how building use may become a charge and fee for the PTG events and if so we may need to think about future venues.
Volunteer Chair Report:
- Nothing at this time.
Parents in Attendance
Way to go Parents!!
Special Guests: Nick Ericson proposes having a volleyball tournament at the school, trying to get parents and community involved and to raise money for the PTG. He requests our support in this. Looking for 8 teams of 6. Kristen Lodge is helping to compile those teams. Looking at a date in May. Also looking for sponsorship money and putting those names on t-shirts and programs. Fran askes that Nick stay in touch with us as to how we can further support this and what else he may need. Thank you Nick.
Stacey Singleton: Reports a total profit from the Daddy Daughter Dance being $489.00 Grand event and she looks forward to doing it again next year. Thank you Stacey.
Topics for Discussion
- Talent Show- Sue asks about a gift certificate for the person making copies of the DVD’s. Draws discussion about where to draw the line for the “thank you’s. When is just a card not enough? The thought was agreed upon to give gift certificates as “payment” or as a “thank you” for services rendered that we would normally pay for, ie, burning DVD’s, printing of programs. Reports still getting items to raffle and also reminds the PTG that flowers are not necessary.
- 7th and 8th grade dance- Tentatively set for April 9th, checking with DJ and teacher chaperones.
- Scrappin’ for Schools- Raffles are coming in and asks for updates via email. Shannon is looking into the tables tomorrow. Stacy asks Sue to check with Mrs. Reeves about tables from her church, get the word out we need more participants! Proposes having baked goods but not charging for them but having a donation jar. Sending out a notice for volunteers soon for set up.
- Mother Son Event- Talked to Owen Martin about hosting the event at the Sanford Bowl-A-Rama. Need more info.
- Parent Teahcer Conferences- Sue asking Lindsey Crawford and Goddwins to babysit. Shannon asking Tina to cook.
Set Next Agenda
- Scrappin’ for Schools
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Talent Show
- Volleyball Tournement
- Mother Son Event