December 7th 2009 Meeting Minutes
- November meeting minutes approved
- November report accepted.
Intros and Welcome
- Fran will be asking Cheryl Camire to post info on the facebook page and the ptg website. Also compiling list of all donators to be sent to secretary..
Vice President’s Report:
- Covered in topic for discussion.
- Not present. Notes read aloud by secretary.
- Tricia reports that our school continues to be healthy. Only a 4% absentee rate in Nov.
- Budgets are being slashed and be aware of an uprise in requests for funds and help from teachers.
- Looking for 3-4 more volunteers to help Mary Waterhouse as she spearheads the grant writing team. Substitute training session went very well, strong connections were made and a few participants asked about volunteering. There is a handbook available to all subs.
- Tricia also urges all parents and Acton residents to go to meetings in town. It would help support the school. Or watch channel 26 and let selectmen know what you really want for the town.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Sue reports that Pat Reeves requests funds to register 7 OM (Oddessy of the Mind) at $35.00 per team. The total requested is $245.00 for state competition.
- Motion made by Stacy Howes to fund the cause upfront on the condition that the OM teams try to pay some of the funds back—Motion accepted.
- Also send a thank you note the “Q Morning Crew” for giving us a cd for the dance.
- Sue asks if we should ask Ben Gore to tape the talent show again? Sue will talk to him and Mike Corey about burning disks too.
Volunteer Chair Report:
- Discussed the great Holiday Bazaar volunteers and the PTG thanks Diane for her great job as the new Volunteer chair, awesome job getting volunteers.
Parents in Attendance
Way to go Parents!!
Topics for Discussion
- Holiday Bazaar: Fran recaps the holiday bazaar outline and the reasons that lead to the decision to limit the event to just the K-4 grades. Shannon reports that Santa’s bench is needed and that Stacy H. will ask Katie Denham to donate her benck again this year. Diane to take the pics of kids with Santa.
- Parent Teacher Basketball game: Lori is working on getting the parent roster . OM teams to do concessions. Set admission as $3. for adults and $1 for students and seniors. Lori to ask Cheryl about the programs. Talked about drafting a insurance/injury/waiver. Group is reminded to think about nominees for Ray Squire, Mary Dennet, and game ball awards. Sue Ottey to again MC the event, Lori to find refs. PTG will be doing a 50/50 raffle.
- Fundraiser: Square One Art, only a few left to be picked up.
Set Next Agenda
- Stacey Singleton –Daddy Daughter Dance
- Mother Son event
- Holiday Bazaar
- Scrappin’ for Schools
- Movie and Dance
- PTG Basketball game