May 4th 2009 Meeting Minutes
- April meeting minutes approved
- Monthly report accepted.
Intros and Welcome
- Welcome all!
- Announces that it is teacher appreciation this week.
- Reminds everyone to spread the word and vote at the meeting to approve school budget on ballot.
Vice President’s Report:
- Covered later in meeting
- Thanks the PTG for their show of sensitivity by supplying comfort food for teachers in the wake of Mr. Beeler’s passing
- Reports staff handling loss of Brian Beeler very well supporting each other and students.
- There are 16 teaching positions in the budget for next school year, same amount of positions but it will be split up differently. Bob Powers to be Super Intendent through end of year.
- Looking for fundraising for memorial Scholarship. Possible a piece of playground equipment structure, fire engine.
- Creating a school newspaper, looking for names for it.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Educator of the Month was received very warmly.
- Sending out a letter to parents about the talent show DVD being late.
Volunteer Chair Report:
- Sandra reports taking over the mass emailing from Sue Kingman.
- Sandra and Stacy will be looking into projectors
Event Coordinator Report:
- Relays that only 10 couples signed up for Mother Son Dance. That would just cover the DJ.
- Motion made to cancel dance and plan for next year holding it the week after the Daddy Daughter Dance. Motion accepted. Offers her Seadogs tix for fundraiser for something else.
Literacy Volunteers of Greater Sanford
- Reports having trained 4 new tutors in Acton. Offers to have some tutors volunteer to help parent and read the safety information and emergency forms at the open house in the fall.
- Susan just asks us to spread the word.
Teachers in Attendance
- Mrs. King Thanks the PTG for the show of appreciation –breakfast and goodies in the teachers rooms—
- Thanks PTG also for the educator of the month. To be recognized is wonderful.
- Reports that the writing contest was very successful and the kids are anxiously waiting to hear the winners.
- Mrs. Garland has planned field trips to the planetarium and children’s museum. The cost is $10.00 per student and she would like to ask the PTG to pay for those who can’t afford it.
- Motion made to pay for those who cannot afford the fee…Accepted.
Topics for Discussion
- Campership: Spoke to rep at the YMCA. Limiting $800 and 10 kids. Sent out one letter and there are now only 3 spots left. None so far for the Y. Three spots left for other camps and 10 for the Y.
- Fall Fundraisers: Cami Davis is working on this and she will be emailed to see where she is.
- Educator of the Month: Reminder to only email Stacy with nominations and votes. Name and reason.
- Event Tables: At Sam’s Club are about $79.00. Ron Soucie offers to pick them up and travel. Motion made to buy 2 new tables. Motion accepted.
- Board Nominations: Vote next month. Email those that have been nominated.
Set Next Agenda
- Board Nomination Voting
- Fall Fundraiser
- Larissa Crockett
- Summer Meeting
- Pam Hartsell