March 16th PTG Meeting
- October’s meeting minutes approved.
- February report accepted.
Intros and Welcome
- Thank you and Great Job to everyone for a great talent show
- Issues discussed later in meeting.
Vice President’s Report:
- Fall fundraisers need to be on agenda next month. As of now there is no longer a mass email from PTG to parents via Sue Kingman, working on getting it going again. Missing projector from elementary wing, Shannon to look into projector prices and possible purchase, soon after.
- Texas Roadhouse will give a dinner for two for the teacher of the month. Also a free kids meal for having a bookmark with books that child has read filled out by teacher, letter to teachers going out about this.
- Scrappin’ for Schools Need more registrants!!! Event proceeding as scheduled need to PROMOTE!
- There will be a March madness type of activities going on in April,,3rd to the 10th, fun afterschool activities, need volunteers. A $2-$3 fee for raise funds for Special Olympics, see Mrs. Nutter for more details and to sign up to volunteer. Turn off the T.V. week April 13th-17th….promote it!
- New electronics rule and policy is do not take them out from the time kids are off the bus in the morning till they get back on the bus in the afternoon. Lots of things coming up and to look forward to.
- Staff meeting went well and communication is up, need more on the website.
- 5th and 6th grade luncheon to teach etiquette and manners, need volunteers.
Teacher Rep’s Report: The requests for DVD and VCR’s have produced quite a few pieces of equipment.
Not too late for sponsors for the Parent /Faculty b-ball game.
Talent show was AWESOME!!! Totals collected so far, aprox. $1324.00 still taking DVD orders.
Mrs. Shaw plans on thanking volunteers that help in the school all year with plants and poems. Motion to buy seeds and pots and soil for Mrs. Shaw made and accepted.
Event Coordinator’s Report:
- Halloween Party was a great success!!! Even with set backs and no gym. Great job to all and start thinking about Daddy Daughter Dance!!!
- Need raffle items!
Volunteer Chair’s Report:
- Will be in touch with Mrs. Nutter for number of volunteers needed for afterschool activites and April. Also has some shelving for basement storage and organization.
Teachers in Attendance
- Tracy is Heading the writing team, and requests that the PTG give $200. for prize money for the best writing awards and also pays for supplies to bind the printed writing books. Motion made to buys supplies needed for binding and also to supply prize money,,accepted.
- David Requests funds to purchase four carpenter/landscape levels. Motion made to let him purchase and PTG will reimburse him. Motion accepted.
- Need to order awards for the nominees voted for and to present them at Parent/Faculty b-ball game.
- Maint crew t-shirts are done and given out in baskets at Talent show, they seem to like them : )
- I will be talking with Mrs. Finch about Campbell’s soup labels and getting her info she needs to do this.
- Projectors are being researched.
- P/T conferences are this Thursday and Friday, Tina is going to prepare stuffed shells and saldad and Lasagna roll-ups for teachers, Sue Ottey emailing donna Michaud about her daughter babysitting for the conferences.
Set Next Agenda
- Parent/faculty basket ball game
- Mother son Dance
- Scrappin’ For Schools
- Fall fundraisers
- Turn off TV week
- Mr. Kaye-Scheiss
- Talent show
ACTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
700 Milton Mills Rd, Acton, Maine 04001 ~(207) 636-2100
Fran Bodkin-President~ Stacy Howes-Vice President~
Lori Williams - Secretary ~ Shannon Winchell-Treasurer~
Stacey Singleton-Event Coordinator~ Sandra Knapp-Volunteer Chair~
Susan Ottey-Teacher Representative~ Tricia Halliday Principal