October 6th PTG Meeting
- Minutes from 9/6/08 meeting reviewed and accepted online.
- Monthly report accepted.
Intros and Welcome
- Welcome all!
- Spaghetti dinner/open house was great!
- Received letter from principal stating how happy he is with the efforts and cooperation of PTG.
- The school would like to recognize the custodial/maintenance team for their effort and hard work on and off the “clock”. Thinking t-shirts would be a nice way to do that. Stacy H. and Shannon W. are getting quotes.
Vice President’s Report:
- Requests tax id# sent to her from treasurer.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Think about funding an after school program for kids who need extra help, parents are not available, access to computers.
- School nurse C. Wendel requests socks and underwear for grades K-4.
- Motion for PTG to purchase above items. Motion accepted
Event Coordinator’s Report:
- Halloween party prep in full swing
- Collecting: items to raffle, candy, apples, decorations, backdrop for photo op.
- Stacy H. buying dropcloth for backdrop -Sue O. to paint.
- Also a bin made accessable for “costume swaps”
Volunteer Chair’s Report:
- Asks how many volunteers needed for Halloween party
- Will get only the 8th graders
Teachers in Attendance
- Pat Reeves; Explore Program teacher
- States that Oddessy of the Mind (OOM) awareness night is 10/9/08 and they need coaches
- Requests $472.00 for Hampstead Stage Co.event in spring. Motion made to donate funds
- Motion accepted PTG donates funds for this event
- Requests$2,000.00 for Shakespear Residency weeklong spring event
- Request tabled for further discussion. Waiting to see about receiving a grant.
Parents in Attendance
- April Fraize
- Amanda Cobb
- Brandy Senecal
- Cherylan Camire
WAY TO GO PARENTS!!
Topics for Discussion
- Middle school event- Sue Ottey polled kids and the result 5-6 grades Movie night, 7-8 grades themed dance, need volunteers for each event.
- Cheryl Camire asks about gym use for parents basket ball, need building use permit.
- Cheryl also meeting with Mike Corey about working on fixing web site issues.
- April Fraize reports that plans for comemdy event are in full swing and waiting on the printing of tickets so sales can be made ASAP! PTG will buy a chunk of tickets to sell.
- School board meeting sign up sheet is being made by sec. and available at next meeting.
- Scrappin’ for Schools event is slated for same date, doesn’t interfere with OOM.
- Motion to buy $50.00 gas card and $50.00 Hannaford card for Brian Beeler and family. Motion accepted, Stacey Singleton will purchase and send out items with a card from PTG.
- Someone needed to run Holiday Bazaar event. Lori Williams volunteers and welcomes many helpers.
- Campbell’s labels, still need a volunteer(s) Brandy will take them this month so it doesn’t pile up.
Set Next Agenda
- Shirts for cust./maint. Team
- Halloween party
- After school program
- Shakespear Residency
- Middle school events
- Building use for gym
- Holiday bazaar
- Comedy event