September 8th PTG Meeting
¨ Nothing reported at this time.
Treasurer's Report: To review online
- August 4th minutes approved
Introductions and Welcome
- Welcome everyone!
- The coffee bill issue was addressed and no response at time of meeting.Teacher Representative; Susan Ottey later emailed and said that the issue has been cleared up. It is understood that the PTG will give $200. a year for coffee.
- Question for Principal; Sean Casey about having janitors available for events.and would th ePTG have to pay them? He is looking into it.
- When discussing volunteers it was noted that Mr. Erickson’s seniors from SHS will need community service hours, and getting the girlscouts involved as well.
Vice President’s Report:
- Building use procedure discussed ; forms can be accessed online but must be submitted to school secretary; Linda Heon in person. Also whoever is in charge of the event needs to check it out with Sean to make sure there is janitorial coverage.
- Questions on how the PTG raises it’s money, and President; Fran Bodkin answered with a list of events and fundraisers that have worked well in the past.
- Sean also let us know that he is getting many emails and if anyone has an issue to discuss or question that needs answering the best way is to call or stop by his office and ask for his time
- He is looking forward to learning about our school and being supportive to all.
- Teacher guests have been signed up and will be added to upcoming agendas.
- Teachers’ requests should go to principal first.
Volunteer Chairperson Sandra out sick (report given by Fran)
- Excellent turnout and job well done at the New Student Brunch
- Question about spaghetti dinner; if not attending but wish to bring a dessert leave it at the office with Linda that day with name and email address on dish or in bag. Or bring it with you to the event.
- Halloween party flyer is ready to be approved and sent home ASAP
- Checked it out with janitors
- NO POPCORN BALLS! But need pretzels, candy for grab bags
- No younger kids will be helping; teacher and parent volunteers girl scouts and eighth graders only
- Spaghetti dinner discussed need volunteers for kitchen help and lots of desserts.
- Checking on donation of Hi-C from Mcdonalds and water to be purchased
Teachers in Attendance
- None at this time.
Parents in Attendance
- Holly Mooney
- Jenny Stanbird
- April Fraize
- Jennifer Toussaint
- June Arbelo
WAY TO GO PARENTS!!!!
Topics for Discussion
- Middle school event-dance
- Tax ID# we have, waiting for exempt letter and donation letter
- Website waiting for passwords and login’s this person is very busy at this time
- School board meetings: need to make up a rotating schedule for PTG members to attend and or sign up sheet
- Need volunteer to manage labels ie. Campbells, Tyson, Hood caps,
- Holiday Bazaar pick up small items and give receipt to Treasurer Shannon Winchell
- April Fraize suggests a comedy event to raise funs for PTG
- Bradi Senecal suggests a pencil dispenser in school
- Both ideas were well received and will be given more attention at next meeting pending more information on each. Information on dispenser will be given to Sean.
Next month’s topics
- Spaghetti dinner/Open house
- Halloween party
- Middle school event
- PTG calendar
- School website/Board access
- School board meetings
- Label volunteer
- Treats for teachers/conferences babysitting
- Holiday bazaar
- Pencil dispenser
- Comedy event fundraiser
- Scrappin’ for schools