August 4th 2009 Meeting Minutes
- June meeting minutes approved
- Monthly report accepted. Also reminds us that when in need of debit card purchases you must give Shannon an estimate on how much you will be spending so that the funds are available, then the card goes back to Shannon , not to the next person who needs it. Insurance to be paid and motion made not to renew the PTO renewal, motion seconded and accepted.
Intros and Welcome
- Reviewed Robert’s Rules of Order
- Board welcomes Diane Belanger as Volunteer Chairperson and reviews what the position entails.
Vice President’s Report:
- Reminds board about directing emails to Stacy first to avoid confusion.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Reports changes in staff for upcoming year. Will be requestingteachers have a request for funding or help, in writing to Sue, signed by the principal before presenting to the PTG..
Volunteer Chair Report:
- Nothing at this time.
Topics for Discussion
- Projectors: Still working on getting one. Bidding on EBAY.
- Babysitting: We agree that babysitting will be a definitely available at all PTG meetings.
- Paper for PTG use: We agree we need to keep it separate from the school copy paper and it should be in colors. Shannon to look into buying paper at Staples.
- Fran emailing Linda for the new student names.
- Shannon W. is asking Stacy Singleton about the Halloween party.
- Notifying rec about not scheduling basket ball games on these certain PTG event dates.
- Tabled spring Mother Son event.
- Calendar is set.
- Reviewed by laws, and agreed upon changes to be made in accordance with by laws.
- Think about forming a standing committee of communications.
Set Next Agenda
- new student brunch
- update on fundraiser
- Spaghetti supper/open house
- Communication committee
- Halloween party