January 4th, 2010 Meeting Minutes
- December meeting minutes approved
- December report will be reviewed on line.
Intros and Welcome
- Nothing at this time.
Vice President’s Report:
- Not prestent.
- Tricia reports that a grant committee is in place. Also she is proud to announce that we have had a fabulous attendance rate this year. We are nearing the 100th day celebration and plans to collect donations for the pantry again this year. Looking to get a grant for a set of science books for the K-2 grades.Thinking of ways to improve public relations and she is looking for feedback and ideas about this and also how to keep in touch and connected to alumni and parents.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
- Sue reports that the 7th and 8th grade dance was a huge success. Spoke to Pat Reeves about the OM state registration and she has given that info to the parents and coaches and the feedback on that is good as well.
- Tricia reminds all that the dance was great but there needs to be more supervision in the hallways.
Volunteer Chair Report:
- Nothing at this time.
Mr. Kaye-Schiesse talks about looking into grants for funding the transportation for the Freedom Trail trip, and also states that if he is unsuccessful with this, he may ask the PTG for help. He also speaks about the importance of voting for the referendum and suggests a phone tree.
Mrs. Pettegrow was also present and wishes to show her support for the Ptg and all that we do.
Stacey Singleton joins us to speak about her event the Daddy Daughter Dance. She wants the group to spread the word about dresses that she has collected for those that don't have the means for a new dress.
She attained approval for the flyer from Tricia and then asks that the flyer goes out weekly from now till the event date. Already has some willing bakers but will ask for more. Has give-aways ready and is well on the way to a great event. Any questions e-mail Stacey directly.
Parents in Attendance
Way To Go Parents!!!
Topics for Discussion
PTG basketball game: Shannon has waivers and injury forms ready to go. Sue to talk to Jenny Starbird about half time events-pie in the face. Sue also to talk to Shannon Waggoner about singers of the national anthem. Still need nominations for awards given at game and to vote, online.
Fran wants to send thank you's to Mr. Cote and Ms. Scully and the janitorial staff for helping with the dance and all of the events and clean-up that goes along with it.
Set Next Agenda
- PTG basketball game
- Talent show
- Scrapin' for Schools
- Mother Son event
- Daddy Daughter Dance.