November 3rd PTG Meeting
• October’s meeting minutes approved.
• October report accepted.
Intros and Welcome
• Thank you and Great Job to all involved in Halloween party
• Issues discussed later in meeting.
Vice President’s Report:
• PTG needs to find babysitter for meetings Girls scouts are not available.
• Gave a heads up that 3rd and 4th grades will be requesting funds for writing contest awards.
• States as always the open door policy, to come and see him anytime. Wants to keep in mind the idea of using pieces of the old gym floor for fundraising idea.
Teacher Rep’s Report: out sick
Event Coordinator’s Report:
• Halloween Party was a great success!!! Even with set backs and no gym. Great job to all and start thinking about Daddy Daughter Dance!!!
• Need raffle items!
Volunteer Chair’s Report:
• (Out sick) Did get the items requested by school nurse.
Teachers in Attendance
Mrs. Catherine Finch
• Mrs. Finch states that there are 24 students in beginner band this year.
• The Holliday Concert is set for Dec. 17
• Asked PTG to sponsor an instrument for one student to use for the year. Cost Apprx. $230.00
• PTG motions to sponsor. Approved.
• Also looking for a concert bass drum w/ stand.
• Thinking about an upcoming competition that would involve an entrance fee of $10. per student, waiting on total # of students.
Topics for Discussion
• Middle school event, set for Nov. 21st. Movie Night.
• School website. Cheryl Camire is going to take the challenge of updating the school web site for the PTG.
• Gym use building use permit for parents approved. Waiting for gym to be finished.
• School board meeting….will ask for a copy of minutes.
• Scrappin’ for Schools, already we have 3 vendors and a few raffles. More raffles are needed and volunteers
• Comedy event is getting closer, we need to SELL,SELL,SELL tickets.
• Holiday Bazaar Shannon W. is supervising and needs volunteers. Keep buying items
• Shakespeare Residency tabled until after comedy event fundraiser
• Treats for teachers suggestions coffee, tea, munchies
• T-shirts for PTG volunteers done.
Set Next Agenda
• Shirts for maint. Crew
• After school program
• Shakespeare residency
• Holiday Bazaar
• Scrappin’ for schools
• 7th and 8th grade event
• Campbell’s labels
• School board meetings
• Thank you notes
• Gift card for accompianist for holiday concert
• Acknowledgements at concert