January 5th 2009 PTG Meeting
• December meeting minutes approved
• Monthly report accepted.
Intros and Welcome
• Welcome all!
• To Mr. Casey that we will be redirecting requests to administration first.
Vice President’s Report:
• Requests tax id# sent to her from treasurer.
• Cheryl Camire will be ordering the maintenance crew t-shirts
• Asks if PTG would be willing to provide babysitting, and snacks for a Jan 11th presentation for parents given by Steve Birchak. This is a presentation for parents on Thursday the 11th at 6:30-7:30. There will be a flyer going out soon and PTG accepts the motion to provide these things.
• Requests funds to pay for a referee’s shirt for basketball games. $29.00. Motion made to pay for shirt..accepted.
• Requests funds to buy planners for teachers at $5.00 per planner…pending. More info is being gathered.
Event Coordinator’s Report:
• Daddy Daughter Dance will be Feb. 7th. Flyers are going out this week. Stacy and Sandra will be doing the picture taking.
• Looking for donations of raffle items and give-aways.
• Sue Ottey to e-mail staff about those who may be in need of dresses/dress shirts/tickets for those who don’t have the means to purchase items. No one will be left out.
Teacher Rep’s Report:
• Asks about finding a DVD/VCR combo and or separate machines as the equipment in the Middle school wing is no longer in service. Put out an email asking if anyone would like to give these items to the school. If not checking into the cost for such equipment.
• Looking for funny ideas to help give the faculty an edge and lighten the mood at the Faculty vs. Parents B-ball game.
• Don’t forget about the talent show! Practices for the performance of Thriller will be starting soon.
• The CASH afterschool program starts this week, needs parents signed permission.
Teachers in Attendance
Ms. Lodge-- Physical Education
• PTG thanks her for helping out and for rolling will the punches that came along with the Holiday Bazaar.
• Kristen asks about PTG helping out with volunteers for a possible fundraiser in the form of Jump rope for Heart and Hoops for Heart. Possible dates are Jan 26th and or the 29th.
• PTG would be willing to help get volunteers for Ms. Lodge.
Mrs. Heon and Mrs Wendell (School secretary and school nurse)
• Reports about Bone Marrow Drive
• Explains about the national registry and to be aware that this is not just for Mr. Beeler.
• There is some grant money available but if PTG would also fundraise to put money into the Bone Marrow Donation Program to help cover the cost of test kits.
• PTG would be willing to earmark a portion from one of the upcoming fundraisers to support this.
Parents in Attendance:
WAY TO GO PARENTS!!
Topics for Discussion
• There is grant money available for Shakespear Residency.
• As was the agreement the PTG has bought $200.00 in coffee for the school and will not be supporting the cost for the remainder of the school year.
• 7th and 8th grade event will take place in the Spring.
• The Holiday Bazaar came and went with some issues. Sue will be sending an email to the teachers about limiting the Bazaar to K-4 only. Wrapping will again take place in the classrooms and teachers will possibly be asked to stay with their students when shopping to esure that the guidelines are followed.
• Scrappin’ for School’s: Looking for donations to raffle and or give-away. The date is set for April 4th. Need people to call businesses and ask for and pick-up donations.
• Postponing the Parent Teacher Basketball game tilltill Feb 27th due to setbacks in gym floor, no practice time, weather. With new sposors maybe a need for new t-shirts..Cheryl is looking into a possible design.
Set Next Agenda
• Shirts for cust./maint. Team
• Scrappin’ for Schools
• Daddy Daughter Dance
• Money for Bone Marrow Drive
• Parent Teacher basketball game
• Talent Show
• Planners for Teachers