January 7, 2008 PTG Meeting
• Review of Secretary’s Report
• Collected $1,006 from the Holiday Bazaar
• Treasurers report
Introductions and Welcome
• No report
Vice President's Report:
• Anything that can be put on the website give to Cheryl Camire
• Just a reminder if we use the search and give website and it will donate money to the school.
• We now have a student-activity account overseen by the central office-For example Hannaford money, Target, Search and Give, Verizon help for schools- for example money is used to support students if needed for field trips, awards, etc.
• Working on purchasing 4 signs. About $300 for all 4 signs to put up around school to indicate where to enter- all in favor of funding the signs-unanimous
• Asking for money for teacher recognition in February
• Holiday Bazaar was excellent, well run
• Susan Ottey will be at the February Meeting to discuss the talent show
• Still trying to get players for the basketball
• In contact with Nick about basketball players and sponsors
• Teachers loved the pizza for conferences- worked out great as self serve
• Diane Gerry is willing to help out with the PTG to help merge volunteer work.
• Halloween party was great!
• Thinking next year only have 8th graders help set up for Halloween party- they can be more independent
• Think more about the Haunted Walk and where to put it-near the gym and lockers outside so volunteers can monitor students.
• Daddy-Daughter Dance- February 9th, same flyer as last year will be going out, Ben Gore will be the DJ, Grand March will be 5:30-6:00 in the Gym and the bleachers will be pulled out for some seating.
• Stacey S e-mailed Stacie H to see if she will take the pictures again for the daddy daughter dance
• Working on raffles for the dance
• Margaret Garland- Very impressed with the Holiday Bazaar, all the items that were there to purchase for the kids! The kids are already talking about the daddy daughter dance! The students made cards for PTG to thank them for everything they do.
• Catherine Finch-Thank you for passing the ice cream social on, is used for the sending students to festival, purchase reeds, Pat Reeves is going to take the ice cream social for the spring, some ice cream is left over.
• Parent needs some assistance with child and renting the trumpet, Catherine will be the middleman to make sure the money is going to the instrument. At the end of the year Catherine does an evaluation with student and parent to evaluate what the student will do in following year. Motion made by PTG to fund $15 a month until the end of the year. Catherine will find out what is the best way to handle the donations and then let Shannon Winchell know.
• Susan Onion-Thank you for providing the support to the library, here for the first time, have experienced a lot of support.
• Cami Davis-Thank you for all that is done by PTG. Still interested in using student’s Artwork for fundraising. Will pass on some company information to PTG. Will think about attending Spring meeting or September meeting to help organize
• Topics for Discussion
Treats for Teachers/Conferences/Babysitting- All went well
Holiday Bazaar- PTG thinking about polling the teachers in regards to what they think about the holiday bazaar, do they still want it, any suggestions?
• Difficult to schedule, younger kids came last and a lot of gifts were gone.
• Parent/Faculty Basketball Game-Mary Dennett Award- given to a person who volunteers in the school
• Ray Squire-does does not have to be school related-any suggestions?
• Need Referee’s- Maybe Teacher can be ref-, Cami will call a contact about referring. Game starts at 6:00 after song-Song might be America the Beautiful or School Song.
Yankee Candle Fundraiser –Went really well, still a handful of back ordered purchases in the copy room to be sent home.
Tax ID Numbers- We have obtained the tax id number, almost done filling out forms.
Campership- Send out survey to teachers to get a response on what they think of campership and any ideas, also include level the teacher works with.
Possibly put together procedure of campership and what was done last year and what needs to happen in the future.
• Thank you Notes- Fran has thank you notes will send out for Holiday Bazaar help to Darren and Stacie.
• Send Fran an e-mail if there are any other people that need thank you notes.
Campbell’s Tyson Labels, Etc
• No report
Set Next Agenda
Daddy Daughter Dance