May 7, 2007 PTG Meeting
Introductions and Welcome
• Review of Secretary’s Report-accepted
• Accepted Treasurer’s report
• Check with the food service check for the symphonic band, check has not been cashed yet, check with Carlene.
Vice President Report
• No Report
• May 25 is the Alumni Breakfast at 8:15 – Cami Davis and Elise will help with Alumni Breakfast. PTG will pay for the purchase of the food
• PTG will purchase table clothes to have in storage for this event as well as other events.
• Rick K-S asked for $150-$200 for Lab Coats, - Cheryl has had no luck with getting lab coats from the ER. Are the Lab Coats just for the room? PTG will still look into it. Stacie will ask her Dentist office for coats as well.
• PTG will not be doing an ice-cream social after the spring concert. And has offered it to other groups for this year.
Tracy Scully- Thank you for all that you do. Asking for money for the energy carnival, it is about $80, PTG will give money, Tracy will buy the things and give PTG a receipt.
Jennifer Flewing- Thank you for everything that the PTG does. We really appreciate the massages for teacher appreciation.
Cami Davis- Thank you for the massages, also thank you for your support with the art program. I continue to enjoy teaching your children.
• Need to be thinking about what catalog to go with for next year.
• Campership-the check has been brought into the YMCA, they were very thankful for the donation. A lot of people have signed up for the YMCA camp in Springvale. The YMCA can give 19 kids full funding for a camp. We will get a report of who went, if there is less than 19 will check what happens to the money. A suggestion would be made to give money towards swimming lessons or something like that.
• Sanford Mainers Game- Possibly volunteer for the concession stand on June 21
• Father-Daughter Dance- June 2. There will be a picture station (Stacie Howes will take pictures) similar to prom to take pictures of father and daughters, Planning on having some games, dances-the Chicken dance etc. Also wanted some raffles, beanie babies, jewelry, itunes card, manicure/pedicure gift certificates. Table in the corner with pretzels and juice. Possible DJ could be Ben Gore, Ask Jim Driscoll to put an advertisement in the Smart Shopper.
• Cami expressed that she will send any ideas along to PTG with Art fundraiser ideas such as mugs, key chains etc similar to the stamp idea something that needs to be started in the fall.
• Playground Structure- easy to start with storage unit for outside. Have to get plans approved-Keith will need to create plans, then have Brian and school board approve the plans. A deadline was set for the plans to be given to PTG, June 1 so at the June 4 meeting PTG can give the plans to Brian.
• Officer Nominations- Nominate Fran Bodkin for President, Nominate Stacey Singleton for Fundraising, Nominate Randy Ramona for Volunteer Chair, Stacie Howes for Secretary,
• Discussion around having a volunteer breakfast or a welcoming breakfast for kindergarten parents as well as the rest of the school.
• Teacher Appreciation Week- Cheryl will give Genie a check for the massage person, coffee will be purchased by Elise 10lbs, Genie will ask what the supply of the coffee.is currently
• Odyssey of the Mind Contribution- Fran will e-mail the PTG members for the response
• Thank you Notes-Any thank you notes please e-mail Stacey Singleton.
Fall Fund Raising ideas
Playground- Invite Brian and Keith