November 7, 2005
6:45pm Room 122
Attendees: Cheryl Camire, Katie Nolan-Denham, Elise Miller, Tracy Scully, Fran Bodkin, Rosemary Dionne, Kyle Rhoads, Jennifer Flewelling, Rick Kaye-Schiess, Genie Stevenson
Discussion – The Secretary’s Report for 10/03/05 was reviewed.
Conclusions – A motion was made by Stacy Howes to accept the minutes as written. Fran Bodkin seconded the motion. All were in favor. The Secretary’s Report for 10/03/05 was accepted.
Discussion – The Treasurer’s Report for 10/03/05 through 11/07/05 was reviewed.
Conclusions – A motion was made by Fran Bodkin to accept the report. Stacy Howes seconded the motion. All were in favor. The Treasurer’s report for 10/03/05 through 11/07/05 was accepted.
• Bill will be paid to CherryDale
President’s and Vice President’s Report- Cheryl Camire & Katie Denham
• Mike Corey will be helping with the PTG website. Cheryl will forward e-mail to members for suggestions.
• New Kids Section on the new school website
• Green School flyer to go in a Thursday mailing
Principal's Report – Kyle Rhoads
• Parent/Teacher conferences will be Thanksgiving week-Monday night and Tuesday.
• Report cards may look different. Revisions to some report cards. Same info as before w/ more added.
• Coffee w/ Kyle – What are the Maine Learning Results? Monday, Nov. 21. 8-9 AM
• Halloween Party went awesome…smooth, organized
• Written Request from Bob Jones for PTG to buy a pitching machine w/ varying speeds for Acton softball, baseball, and Acton Recreation teams. The machine will cost $1000, a lesser model will not pitch both kinds of balls. Bob will be talking to Mr. Beeler about an ongoing fundraiser for the Sports programs, possibly bottle returns at school. After an open conversation about having the money in the Sports account, Rosemary motioned for PTG to purchase the Pitching machine. Stacy Howes seconded motion.
Holiday Concert has been changed again to December 14th. Ice cream social will follow the concert. We have 23 barrels of ice cream donated by Crabby Appletons. 6 barrels are at the school, 12 at Stacy Howes’ house, 5 at Tiffany Camire’s house, and 2 at Cheryl Camire’s house.
Teacher Representative – Tracy Scully – Tracy gave money to Elise for the soda machines. Counted already and deposit slip filled out by 7th Grade Explore class.
Jennifer Flewelling - Does PTG want to put a full page add out in the Year Book sharing what we do. Add will cost $150. She will put a form in PTG mailbox.
Rick Kaye-Schiess – Writing team thanks PTG for funding the Best Writing Project. 150 papers were submitted, and twenty children were awarded cash prizes. The prizes all together totaled $200. There is a copy of the collective book of writings in the hallway. Mr. Kaye-Schiess also stated that there will be another Writing Project for this year, it will be announced on January 1, 2006. The contest will run from the end of Jan. until mid-April. He requested $500 from PTG for the printing of the project and cash awards that are given. Stacy Howes motioned to give Mr. Kaye-Schiess the money, and April Fraize seconded the motion. All were in favor.
Genie Stevenson - Shared information on the Multi-Age Auction. Children earn money for auction items. Donations are more than welcome.
• Thank you notes from students about the bean bag chairs that PTG funded.
FUNDRAISING UPDATE – Fran Bodkin & Stacy Howes